Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Quilt For My Hubby

 Another pre-drafted by Etty that I thought this would be the perfect time to sneak it in.  When the quilter's away the hubby will get his way.

I never made a quilt for my hubby.  Shame on me.  The quilt he is using is one that I made, but not especially for him.  He liked it allot and when I wasn't looking, he stole it.  Even though he likes the quilt he is using, hubby wants me to make one that he planned.  So using Quilt Wizard, a design program that I have, he designed the Jacob's Ladder in colors that he wants (he believes real men use blue).  It's too bad I didn't know Bonnie Hunter was having a quilt along for this same quilt.  Perhaps, I can join her program at this late date.  Anyway, this quilt is now on my list.  I'm fortunate that my hubby is a patient person.  He has hopes of receiving it for a special birthday coming up in two and a half years (hubby note: no details will be mentioned as to which birthday it is).  We will try; but, don't hold your breath.

4 comments:

  1. I really love this design. Oh, I forgot, I designed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat you are! My husband has been waiting patiently for me to get around to making his quilt! We've been married for almost 8 years now and he doesn't have one yet. I'm hoping to get one made for him by our 10 year anniversary, if not before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making a secret quilt for husband right now, the first one, too. My goodness, we make our men wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband doesn't have his special quilt yet either! Why is this??? Our men are really wonderful aren't they? (My Hunny wants one from flannel :-) Now I REALLY better get on it ... thanks for the incentive!
    Hadassah

    ReplyDelete