Sunday, November 20, 2011

International Quilt Festival of Ireland

The ladies of the Quilting Corner received an Email from a representative in Ireland who is coordinating what appears to be a very exciting quilt festival.  I thought I would show you the letter since this is something that all our followers around the world might want to participate in.
Hi Ladies,
My name is Caitlin Hacker and I work for the International Quilt Festival of Ireland. I wanted to email you because I came across your blog recently and I was wondering if you would be interested in possibly submitting a quilt or a quilted item for one of our festival's exhibits. 
The International Quilt Festival of Ireland is set to bring over 6,000 international visitors to Ireland, specifically to Galway, next June 7th-10th. You can check out our website,http://www.iqfoi.com/, for all of the details regarding the festival. All of the quilts and quilted items featured in our exhibits will be highlighted in a very special online book, where we will not only highlight the quilts, but also highlight the quilters who made them. We will also provide an electronic link to the quilter's website, blog or email that they provide for us. Some of the exhibits include My Quilted Garden, Patchwork Promises, The Road Less Traveled, Chocolate Decadence, Yin & Yang, 3-D Movie Quilts, and many more. You can find a full list on our website under Exhibits. 
Just email me back when you get a chance and let me know if this is something you would be interested in. Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
Caitlin

This will be presented to the Quilting Corner ladies when they resume their weekly get-together on Monday, 28 November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment