Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Legacy

I just borrowed this book from Bryna.  I read it in one day because I just couldn't put it down.  It's the story of Talula Gilbert Bottoms and her family from the Civil War until the 1940's.  It's just amazing.  She has made hundreds of quilts under such difficult times.  I can never complain about not getting the fabric that I would like here in Israel.  She had to first grow the cotton for her fabric and batting.  We certainly don't appreciate how easy it is to be a quilter today.  If you can get a copy of this book, it certainly is worth reading.

3 comments:

  1. Etty, I would like to read it also. I'll have to ask Bryna. Thanks for your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Quilting Community? Our members will love it!
    Members include: Quilters, Quilting Enthusiasts, Experts, Bees, Circles and Clubs.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Photos, Videos and Articles if you like.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Quilting Community: http://www.vorts.com/quilting/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks interesting. I'll have to see if I can find it at the library. We are so blessed (or is it spoiled) not to have to create the fabric that we cut up and make into quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete