Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August Get-together #2

Even though we were a small group of 6 this week we had a great time.
Rina worked on her disappearing 9 patch and Sara worked on her grandmothers flower garden.

Sara brought along a kit that she bought called Yellow Brick Road.
The fabrics and colors are lovely but we all agreed that a lighter fabric should be added.
Sara has another quilt top finished. It's going to join the line up of quilts waiting to be quilted.

I have this vintage x-stitch quilt that I still use when the grand-kids come over.  It's about 50 years old and still very usable. It was made by my sister's friend Joan Rotter Bari for her son.  Well, my son used it and now the next generation is using it.  I did have to give it a new binding but over all, it's in great shape. I'd love to know where we could get something like this now. If anyone knows, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see Sara's grandmothers flower garden. I am dreaming of making one!
    Absolutely beautiful your vintage x-stitch quilt. A treasure. A winner for the SewGalCal competition Pets on Quilts Show 2010!!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete