Monday, April 19, 2010

April Get-together

Naomi made a lovely book cover.  She didn't have any instructions on this, so this is what she came up with.  She did a great job and enjoyed trying to figure this out by herself.

Avigail started this pillow some months ago and just got back to it now. She wants to get it finished so she is working on it again. This was her first attempt at piecing.
Shifra started a new quilt and brought her squares for the ladies to see.  This pattern was on About.com Quilting.  It's called Hopscotch Baby Quilt and this quilt will have borders added to make it a bit larger.

I started this simple pattern a long time ago.  I had cut out 6 1/2" squares that sat for a long time.  I wanted to make something using white so this week I decided to put this together. It isn't finished yet because I still have to decide on the borders.

Meanwhile Susan was making the same thing this week and posted it on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I love seeing my name up in lights. Thanks for posting the pics from today's meeting. I was really sorry to miss it, so it was great to see what everyone is up to. At least I got to spend some quality time with my Bernina, and my quilt top is now all quilted and waiting for the binding. Hope to see you when I get back from Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all that white sashing and would like to try it one of these days. Nice job ladies :).

    ReplyDelete