Sunday, January 3, 2010

Apple Core Quilt

I recently bought another acrylic template from Sharlene Jorgenson's website, Quilting from the Heartland.


It's made so well and I can make many accurate apple cores at one time.  You can do this pattern by machine but I enjoy doing this type of work by hand.  I can take it anywhere and I usually do.  When I ride the buses in Israel and sitting with friends or waiting for a doctor appointment.  It's very calming for me.  It's a long project and will take some time to complete.  Also I'm only using fabric from old shirts, skirts etc.  I've been inspired by Bonnie Hunter who wrote the book Scraps and Shirttails.  I have only a few apple cores on my design wall at this time. 

I can't say enough about having a design wall.  I couldn't be without it anymore.  I put up an inexpensive fleece blanket with tape a year ago and it's still holding up well.  Quilters don't always have to spend allot of money on their favorite hobby.



1 comment:

  1. It looks so pretty! I like the applecore pattern. Waiting to see more.

    I am trying my first old english hexagon and hand pieced. I am enjoying it very much and also take it with me on train, everywhere.

    ReplyDelete