Friday, December 25, 2009

Show and Tell #6

Esther is making a new appliqué.  Several of the ladies are now starting to think
"Maybe it's not so hard after all!"
We then discussed several methods of how to appliqué.





Shifra has a new grandson and just finished this new baby quilt in time.  It's her first time working with fleece and she tied it around the edges.  It came out adorable.




I have a very nice young woman that lives in my apartment building.  Her name is Naomi.  She has been curious about all the women going in and out of my apartment.  She has quite a talented background in sewing.  Naomi is originally from Russia and speaks English and Hebrew as well.  She asked me to teach her quilting.  So, now she is one of us.  Naomi brought along a blanket her grandmother made.


Naomi saw a small Ohio Star pillow that I had.  She copied it with little instruction from me.  She is a natural born quilter!






No comments:

Post a Comment